CEDIA® has launched a new Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training course for design and build professionals on Designing Home Cinemas and Media Rooms. This CPD is tailored to help architects, interior designers, and property developers understand how to help clients choose and specify rooms, as well as the design principles needed for a dedicated entertainment space.
“At CEDIA, training is the very core of our organisation, and Designing Home Cinemas and Media Rooms CPD is a crucial, new resource for our members,” comments Matt Nimmons, Managing Director, CEDIA EMEA. “This CPD will allow members to connect with the design and build community and communicate the importance of working together in the early stages of a project, as well as keeping an ongoing relationship long after the project is complete.”
Digital entertainment plays a huge part in the modern lifestyle and is something that can be truly astounding when experienced in the correct environment. Dedicated and convertible entertainment spaces need careful thought and professional design to perform well, and ultimately impress the homeowner.
Accredited by the Royal Institute Building and Architecture (RIBA) and the British Institute of Interior Design (BIID), this new CPD course identifies the key principles of how to design and implement these entertainment spaces, with the following learning objectives:
• Understand the difference between a home cinema and media room, and the basic vocabulary used to describe them.
• Understand how to raise awareness of home cinemas and media rooms, how to help clients choose and specify rooms.
• Understand all the components that make a good home cinema room and media room, including standards and best practices.
• Understand the design principles of sound and vision.
• Understand how to work with a system designer and look at requirements.
Any CEDIA member who wants to present CEDIA CPD content must first become recognised as a CEDIA Outreach Instructor (COI). The COI programme enables members to provide continuing education to their local design and build industry partners, helping establish vital business-to-business networking contacts and raising the awareness of CEDIA, its members, and the home technology industry.
As this is a specialist subject CPD presentation, members must be confident that they have a substantial amount of knowledge in these subject areas to be able present this seminar and will need to provide proof that they have met the appropriate requirements. To access the new CPD material, members will need at least one of the following qualifications:
• HAA Certified
• THX Certified
• ISF Certified
• ESC-D Certified
• Sat the CEDIA Home Cinema Design Fundamentals & Advanced Home Cinema Design courses (within the last five years)
• Winner/Finalist in the CEDIA Awards within the Home Cinema or Media Room categories (within the last five years)
• Other relevant CEDIA or manufacturer training on Home Cinema/Media rooms
Members must show they have accomplished at least one of the qualifications, they can do this by logging and uploading their certificate via https://cedia.net/Education/SubmitCEU. Once received CEDIA will provide a link to the new CPD presentation.